Adventures?

The adventure is simple, two sisters will travel 2,448 miles from Chicago to Los Angeles on what remains of Route 66 writing about their misadventures along the way. The Journey begins mid August, so stay tuned!

Monday, September 3, 2012

After Effects

So I sit in my room, less than twelve hours from the start of school. Last week I was across the country on an amazing journey. I got to go on the trip of a lifetime down Route 66, and I got to take that trip with my sister. It doesn't feel real. It went too fast. By the time it really sank in, I was on my way to the airport and I didn't want to say goodbye to Brianne...or to the route.

But I had to. I was uneasy about being alone but the flight put me at ease. I have always loved flying. Turbulence actually makes me feel safer. It reassures me that the air is still holding up the craft. I didn't get near as much reading done as I wanted to but I was able to reflect on my journey.

The single moment that will forever sum up route 66 for me was that one stretch in Oklahoma that curved and rose with the land and let in the beautiful light of the sunset as me and Brianne just drove. The wind came blasting across our faces and we just enjoyed the absence of all the other cars.

Goodbye 66 and thank you...

SMK

No comments:

Post a Comment