Adventures?

The adventure is simple, two sisters will travel 2,448 miles from Chicago to Los Angeles on what remains of Route 66 writing about their misadventures along the way. The Journey begins mid August, so stay tuned!

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Taken' It Easy In LA

So yesterday was spent lazing around my sister's apartment. We watched some X Files and Alien (and I use to say I hated sci-fi). We only left the apartment to get some smoothies and groceries for diner and then again later for some ice cream. We also cleaned out her rat's cage.

Today was, if not more productive than at least more active. We woke up semi-early to get to the beach and Santa Monica pier. We took the expected photos at the end of trail route 66 sign and then explored the pier a bit (well I explored at least Brianne has probably seen it a lot). Then we hopped across the hot sand and I got to spend some quality time in the Pacific. It was fun body surfing on the waves. Then we dried off and took off to go see The Dark Knight Rises. Brianne has already seen it twice but I really wanted to see it. It was epic and very long (2hr44min).

Now were back at the apartment lazing around like we deserve after such a long trip with plans for a pot luck on my last night so I can meet all my sister's friends.

SMK

No comments:

Post a Comment